A big shoutout to The Global Couple for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It’s always an honor to be recognized for my work, and this award in particular is all about encouraging connection between bloggers and helping others to discover new blogs. You accept the award by following these rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog, either in the post or as a widget.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that were provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create 11 new questions for those bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform those you have nominated about the award!
11 Random Facts About Me
I’m a dog lover
I have never been to Asia (hopefully that will be changing soon!)
I’m not a fan of hot drinks
I lived in Illinois my whole life before moving to Colorado
Pasta is my favorite food to cook (and eat, of course)
I have a new obsession with the movie Big Hero 6
I have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing
I love travel planning
Reading is my favorite escape without actually going anywhere
I played on my high school varsity tennis team
I like variety
Answers to Questions from The Global Couple
1. What is one thing you have learned from another culture while travelling that you now apply to your own life?
Less is more. After traveling to Zambia during Christmas in 2013 I simplified as much as possible, selling and donating old clothes and getting rid of unnecessary items I haven’t used in years.
2. What is your ultimate bucket list destination (if you had unlimited money) and why?
New Zealand. It’s been on my list for a while now because of the multitude of outdoor activities and beautiful scenic landscapes!
3. If you had to live in one country for the rest of your life, where would that be and why?
Anyplace with mountains nearby is a place I could call home!
4. What is your favourite cuisine?
I love anything Italian!
5. Why do you travel?
I travel for the connections I make with people and places around the world. After you visit a new city or country and meet locals in the area, those places become meaningful to you and they are no longer just a point on the map.
6. How do you decide on the destination for your trips?
It’s usually just a matter of coincidence. Sometimes I’m visiting for another reason (like a travel conference) and decide to extend my stay to explore the area. Other times it’s friends or family bringing up an idea and I’m always down to make it happen, no matter the destination. Lastly, it could even just be a matter of seeing a photo on Pinterest or a reading an intriguing blog post and deciding that it sounds like a place I want to visit!
7. What is your favourite social media?
Twitter takes the lead for me!
8. What is your go-to home cooked meal?
I cook pasta more than anything. I like to make different variations of pasta types and sauces, but pesto is my favorite!
9. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?
A time-travelling historian. Because how cool would it be to uncover history and experience it firsthand at the same time?!
10. If you could have dinner with a famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Mark Twain. I would love to hear him tell stories of his life in person and learn about his thoughts while writing.
3. Marie Away
Questions to answer, if you choose to accept!
1. What led you to start blogging?
2. What destination can you see yourself returning to time and time again?
3. How do you overcome challenges when traveling?
4. What is your favorite travel memory?
5. Where is the next destination on your itinerary?
6. What is one thing you cannot travel without?
7. Would you prefer an urban adventure or an outdoor escape, and why?
8. What is the strangest food you’ve eaten?
9. What is your trip planning strategy?
10. What is your least favorite part about traveling?
11. What is one tip you would give to a first time traveler?