In 2017, Little Things Travel is launching the #littleBIGthings campaign, an initiative to show that travel can be used for good anywhere in the world, and that you can always find ways to give back and connect with the community. Sign up here to stay current with the latest updates on this project!
How can we use travel for good?
It’s a question I’ve asked myself on a regular basis. Sometimes it comes in the form of a dedicated volunteer trip. Other times, it can be as simple as a personal connection with a person or community.
Because it’s the little things that make a big difference, and I’m on a mission to show the world that traveling can be a driver for change, in big and little ways.
“Travel is the best way we have of rescuing the humanity of places,
and saving them from abstraction and ideology.” -Pico Iyer
How can you help?
- Share your ideas! Have someplace in particular you’d like me to go, or a certain type of focus (ecotourism, conservation, education, etc.) you’d like me to cover? Let me know!
- I’m also looking for great companies, destinations, and organizations to partner with who are committed to helping people travel responsibly and supporting local communities around the world.
Contact me at [email protected] with all ideas, partnership opportunities, and other thoughts![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Resources to Learn More
- Tourism Concern
- Overbooked: The Exploding Business of Travel and Tourism
- The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World
- I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
- Experiential Travel: 40+ Travel Experts Weigh in on the Biggest Travel Trend